Why has there been so much emphasis on making sure employees are a perfect “fit” with your company’s culture lately? Because culture fit is that important. If an employee doesn’t mesh with the “why” of your business, they won’t be a successful match.
How can you tell if a potential job candidate will be a good culture fit? What is the #1 way to tell if a candidate is a good culture fit for your business?
Here's the number one way:
#1: Make Sure Your Mission is Visable
Do you know if job applicants are able to get the gist of your company’s core values from your website? Can they tell what you believe in when they Google you?
By making sure your web site and online social platforms (like Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Yelp, etc.) are filled out and up to date, potential candidates are able to discover if they can imagine themselves working there. Don't count out more "youthful" or "trendy" platforms like Instagram and Facebook either.
Take a look at your current online profiles by Googling yourself. Look at the information available with "fresh eyes" and see if you can answer the following questions:
- Does this company donate to charity?
- What causes do they believe in and/or support?
- How many offices do they have? Do they all have the same environment?
- What ties does the company have to the community in which they reside?
- Does the company have outings or get-togethers for holidays?
- What welcome efforts do they extend to new hires?
- Do people seem happy working here?
If you can't find the answer - it's time to consult with a Brand Specialist, Social Media Manager, Marketing Professional, etc. We can help with that.
#2 What is the 2nd way to Determine Culture Fit?
Wondering what other ways you can see if a candidate is a good culture fit? Check out this blog on Mabbly.com to see the rest of the ideas from CEO Bejan Douraghy.