2018 has been a varied, polarizing year, and our most popular blogs certainly reflect that.
From convincing a Hiring Manager you're the right one for the job to understanding millennials and being successful as a freelancer, these 18 most popular blogs of the year will help you start 2019 on the right foot.
- How to Convince a Hiring Manager You're the Right Person for the Job — From making a good impression to sharing solutions, this post shares five ways you can help the Hiring Manager hire YOU.
- There are 2 Types of Millennials (Don't Treat Them the Same) — Our resident "older" millennial Kirsten Agnello-Dean shares tips for dealing with one of the most divided generations in history.
- What Is Volunteer Time Off (VTO) and Should I Offer It? — If you're looking to add benefits to your compensation package that don't cost a lot, VTO is for you. Read this blog to learn what it is and how to make it work.
- To Behance or Not Behance - Your Online Portfolio — This popular portfolio site comes up a lot in our morning meetings. This post lists the pros and cons of using it for your work.
- Do's and Don’ts for Creating Your Own YouTube Video Channel — If you don't have your own YouTube channel, you might be falling behind when it comes to marketing. Steal these tips, like crafting a cover photo and winning intro video, for your channel.
- What to Expect When You’re Interviewing with a Staffing Agency — We call this our intro to the world of staffing. A must-read if you've never worked with one before.
- Cold Emailing a Potential Employer: What Works, What Doesn't — Read this before you type out that "please, can I have a job with you" email.
- 10 Qualities of Successful Creative Directors — Looking to hire your very own Don Draper? These are the 10 qualities to look for.
- Types of UX Jobs — User experience jobs can be confusing to the uninitiated. Here are the most common ones you need to know.
- What Does an Interactive Art Director Do, Anyway? — Did you know there is a difference between an Interactive Art Director and a Creative Art Director? There is. Here's what you need to know about what the former does.
- Hiring and Recruiting in a Candidate-Driven Market — When jobs are aplenty and top talent is in short supply, you're in a candidate-driven market. You'll need to change up your hiring and recruiting strategy to attract the best. Read to find out how.
- The Hottest Creative Jobs for 2018 — These digital and creative jobs dominated the market this year and many will spill over into 2019.
- How to Make a Living as a Videographer: Setting Your Salary Range — Video is still all the rage. If you have the skills to create great content, you'll want to set your salary accordingly.
- Creatives Don't Use Yahoo: What Your Email Address Says About You — Spoiler alert: it's not great, so you might want to consider getting your own domain name.
- How Do I Determine My Pay Rate? — This great blog by New York Managing Director Haris Silic is a must-read if you're having trouble deciding what to charge.
- What You Can Learn From Steve Jobs About Hiring — This "oldie but a goodie" post is chock-full of great advice for finding the best employees.
- A Day in the Life of an Office Manager — Do you find yourself asking, "Just what does an Office Manager do anyway?" This is the blog for you.
- The Ultimate Guide to Freelancing in 2018 — Want to be a savvy freelancer in the new year? Looking to hire a freelancer? These are the tips and tricks you need to know!
Thank you to our awesome blog readers for another great year. We can't wait to share even more great hiring, firing, job-hunting, pay-rate job posts with you in 2019. Sign up on the right to get notifications when new posts go live.
Happy New Year! 🎉